The M&G Bond Vigilantes Christmas Quiz 2017
Here is the 11th annual Christmas Quiz. 20 questions, and the closing date for entries is midday on Friday 22nd December. Please email your answers to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will get glory, and in lieu of a golden trophy, M&G has donated £500 to Cancer Research UK, through CASCAID. CASCAID is the UK asset management industry’s effort to raise £2 million for this brilliant charity over the course of 2017.
Breaking news: we did it! But please help us raise a few final pounds by the end of the year. If you’d like to donate a fiver as you enter, please do so at my charity page here https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=JimLeaviss&pageUrl=2 but it is totally optional, and I know a) many of you have been incredibly generous already, and b) I have bored on about cycling up hills enough for one year.
Good luck! Conditions of entry of down below somewhere.
- What did Alexander give to Maria for Easter for the first time in 1885?
- Why did Dallas and Washington end up in Switzerland earlier this year?
- Which music video is this? All of the band members are inside a cupboard, which is on the edge of a cliff and falls into the sea. The band play on, on improvised instruments, as the wardrobe fills with water.
- JELLO PERM WOE (anag.)
- What’s this?
- Why did the FA change the referee for a Blackpool FC game following a High Court decree against the club’s owners?
- The higher the price of this kind of good, the more people demand of it (because they want it).
- The higher the price of this kind of good, the more people demand of it (because they need it).
- What links Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Neil Young and Avril Lavigne?
- What asset was sold this year with an annualised return of around 1.35% over 500 years?
- Whose logo is this?
- How much did artist Rachel Whiteread win on the night she was awarded the Turner Prize for best British contemporary artist?
- Who baked it?
- Please label the pink and blue areas on this chart.
- Sparrows and horses used to be used to explain which theory, now known under a more modern name?
- I’m not sure if I mentioned it but I climbed up a load of hills this year on my bike. Which was my 40th climb of the year?
- According to the Institute of Fiscal Studies, what is the most tax-efficient way of drinking alcohol?
- How is the developmental model neighbourhood of the next day better known?
- What’s the Incredible Hulk’s favourite tube station?
- What are they queuing for?
The value of investments will fluctuate, which will cause prices to fall as well as rise and you may not get back the original amount you invested. Past performance is not a guide to future performance.
16 years of comment
Discover historical blogs from our extensive archive with our Blast from the past feature. View the most popular blogs posted this month - 5, 10 or 15 years ago!
Get Bond Vigilantes updates straight to your inbox